Pinzgauer , mushrooms.

All things not relating to the other forums.
norcal pinz
United States of America

Pinzgauer , mushrooms.

Post by norcal pinz »

anybody else have mushrooms growing out of the wooden guard rails along the sides ? i remember when i first got the truck it had mushrooms growing out of the holes on the wooden side rails.I ended up tearing them all out but recently, i just saw a video and another truck had the same mushrooms i think the spores come from Austria and they are inside the wood.Image
710M 1972
710k 1974
totaljoint

Re: Pinzgauer , mushrooms.

Post by totaljoint »

Boy are you lucky!
Keep I mind that commercial mushroom growers use logs innocculated with the mushroom hyphae.
The logs are good for only two crops, then the wood i begins to loose it's integrity.
If it gets soft, you'll need new rails, but in the mean time try growing morels or chanterelles. :D
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

If small capped ones in clusters of 2-5, ranging in height from 3-6 inches and with a blue dust on the tops begin to appear, dont eat more than a gram or 2 at a time, unless you have nothing better to do for the next 15 hours or so. Not that I know anything about it personally from when I was a teenager, mind you. I've just heard. :mrgreen:
Where science and technology fail, art survives.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Funny, I had a friend that told me the same thing.... :)
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
crcpinz

Post by crcpinz »

Curiously, the mushrooms on my rails were the same shape and color as the ones in the pic, but they were only on the wood that the previous owner had replaced the original rails with. Keep in mind that what you see is the "fruit" of the mushroom, since the mushroom itself is rootlike and completely inside the wood. Also, the rails should be a few millimeters away from the body to allow water to slip through. Of course it helps to keep the truck covered with a tarp when it rains if you can't garage it. If I drove my truck on wet days I would consider a more durable material. Oh, and it's very important to not eat mushrooms that grow on wood, only some of those that grow on cow manure, IIRC. An error could send you to the grave. :roll:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1976 710K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163282080
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

My pinz had them as well but only in the side that doesn't get direct sunlight.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)