UK owners- change in date for road tax exemption

All things not relating to the other forums.
bonefish635
Great Britain

UK owners- change in date for road tax exemption

Post by bonefish635 »

Just read in Classic and Sportscar that from 1st April 2014 the qualifying build date for road tax exemption will be 1st January 1974.

Yippee.
1973 710K
2001 Landcruiser Amazon
2007 Range Rover Vogue (sold)
2001 Nissan Patrol GR 3.0TD (sold)
pinzhappy60

Re: UK owners- change in date for road tax exemption

Post by pinzhappy60 »

hi,yeah i saw it and got it,nice one,see from your pic u have 710k!,a question for you,does your pinny have a vibration at 40 mph, :?: are there any events for uk owners,i have 710k 1973,x swiss army,any info advice would be very welcome.
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Search the forum on vibration

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

pinzhappy60 wrote:does your pinny have a vibration at 40 mph, :?:
As Berger alluded to, sounds like the internal (front) driveshaft needs to be balanced. To test, find a straight road, get going fast enough for the vibrations to occur, and engage the 1st locker. If the vibration disappears, you've probably verified that the internal driveshaft is the problem. Disengage the locker, and the vibration should return.

Some guys live with 'em. Some guys fix them. I don't recall the specifics of the fix, so I won't steer you the wrong way by testing my memory. Dennis Williams of Linden Engineering http://www.lindenengineering.com used to provide a fix. Not sure if he still does. Likely, any good driveline shop might be able to make the repair.
bonefish635
Great Britain

Post by bonefish635 »

hi,yeah i saw it and got it,nice one,see from your pic u have 710k!,a question for you,does your pinny have a vibration at 40 mph, :?: are there any events for uk owners,i have 710k 1973,x swiss army,any info advice would be very welcome.
Dale at Haflinger technik up here ( http://www.haflingertechnik.com/html/index.php ) probably had a hand in the original sale of your 710K, and is a great contact to have for Pinz parts and advice.

I don't have a vibration at 40mph though. I find if I push past 50mph then there's a whole lot of vibrating going on generally.

As for events, have a look at the relatively new website for UK pinz and haflinger owners club http://www.haflingerandpinzgauerclubuk. ... iscussions

They have events which unfortunately I'm too far away to drive too.

Tony
1973 710K
2001 Landcruiser Amazon
2007 Range Rover Vogue (sold)
2001 Nissan Patrol GR 3.0TD (sold)
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Hey...Pinzhappy...looks like I missed you by just a few years.........I emigrated to Poland with my Pinz 710 some 5 years ago.......I used to live in Swindon and play on Salisbury Plain......back in the days when you could roam all over the Plain. Now I have tracks and lanes enough to keep my happy for the rest of my life.....I have to offroad to go to the shops.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!