New to the board, air suspension modified M710

All things not relating to the other forums.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

:D :D :D :D She will be topless for a while,but the box arrives tomorrow. To surmise,My topless Swedish friends box will be here tomorrow :shock: :shock: 8)
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
todds112

Post by todds112 »

My 712 isn't too far away if you need a test mule. :wink:
1973 712M
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I bet it's going to be a little tougher to put air ride on the rear of the 712. After all they put rear air ride on Dave's ride, from the factory and never put it on the 718. The center pendulum going to make it tuff
norcal pinz
United States of America

Post by norcal pinz »

can you make a pinzgauer jump with something like this setup, i would love to see a pinz with powerful enough hydraulics :D to make it bounce :D
710M 1972
710k 1974
PinzAir
United States of America

Post by PinzAir »

M Wehrman wrote::D :D :D :D She will be topless for a while,but the box arrives tomorrow. To surmise,My topless Swedish friends box will be here tomorrow :shock: :shock: 8)
Congrats on the new "Sweetish" toy! What condition is it in? what are your plans? Going to add an AC unit, or cage, like the 712?

todds112:
PM Sent

Erik712m:
Yes, agreed.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Mechanically it,s quite good,some rust issues but no big deal.The big issue is it is painted a pea green metallic :( and a poor job at that.
looking to make a camper,a/c ,generator,water tank,etc...make a mini motorhome! Trying to make things more comfy for my bride..Now I need to build her laundry room the way she wants it. She originally said no more trucks until I finished that job. I used my usual charm and presto! I have a Volvo! She is way too nice to me..... 8) 8)

68 Haffy
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

The big issue is it is painted a pea green metallic
Sounds like jeeps army rescue green?
She originally said no more trucks until I finished that job. I used my usual charm and presto! I have a Volvo! She is way too nice to me...
Lucky you the wife told me, I had to sell one before I could buy another one. :cry:
PinzAir
United States of America

Post by PinzAir »

norcal pinz wrote:can you make a pinzgauer jump with something like this setup, i would love to see a pinz with powerful enough hydraulics :D to make it bounce :D
This suspension system wasn't designed to be able to make the Pinz Jump... you'd probably want hydraulic rams or something :lol: ... But we can change both of the rear tires (one at a time) without a jack. :shock: We just deflate one front side and inflate the other front, as well as inflate the opposite rear side... the result is the rear tire lifts off the ground enough to change it...
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

That is cool!!! Really wasn't entrusted until you mentioned that
But we can change both of the rear tires (one at a time) without a jack. We just deflate one front side and inflate the other front, as well as inflate the opposite rear side... the result is the rear tire lifts off the ground enough to change it...
I've struggled changing tires in the middle of know were. find enough large rocks to put under the jack so that it will extend enough to put the spare on.
andy

Post by andy »

You could still freak people out. The Pinz draws alot of attention anyway. Imagine being at max lift at one light and bottomed out at the next light next to the same car from the previous light. Or maybe pull up with a pronounced list to the port side.

Couple big hunks of 4 X 6, or a 4 X 6 and a 2 X 4, will usually get a jack in place.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
pinzi
Belgium

Post by pinzi »

:lol: See that's great and a verry goood upgrade for a pinz....makes me wonder......can i put this under R2???
off-road until i die
ka

Post by ka »

yes!!! do it!!!!
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I'm not trying to steal the spotlight here,but there was requests for pics of the Volvo on this thread,so visit down below. 8)

68 Haffy
rekogniz11

Post by rekogniz11 »

Is there a estimate on cost available yet? I would be willing to put money down if nessisary to aquire the mentioned kit.
PinzAir
United States of America

Post by PinzAir »

Here are two photos with a measuring tape:
Fully air'd down:

Fully air'd up:

Although its not the recommended method for changing a tire, the system can put a rear tire in the air. Here is a video of lifting a rear tire:

Pinzgauer M710 Lifting a rear tire