Some roof dimensions, please?

All things Volvo body and electrical!
sixbennetts

Some roof dimensions, please?

Post by sixbennetts »

Next time one of you 303 owners are near your truck with a tape measure, can you please take a couple measurements?

I need the exact length of the rear roof panel as measured from the seam from where it attaches to the cab section, back to where the roof panel attaches to the rear section. (Looks like it's about a foot forward from the back roof edge).

Also, if you would, a couple width measurements. One the total width of the roof panel. I think by opening the two rear side doors, shoul be easier that getting up in it.

the last one I need is how long the cross members are on the underside of the roof, as measured between the top of the angle pieces that are inside the curved side corners.

Basically I'm just curious about how big a hole I can cut out for the FlipPac, and still have some of the internal framework left. I know I'll have to add some strength, but it seems like I'll have enough room.

Thanks, Folks!
HafWit

Re: Some roof dimensions, please?

Post by HafWit »

Jim LaGuardia has my vehicle at his place. He will most likely give you those measurements if you ask him nicely. Did I also mention he also likes single malt scotch?

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
sixbennetts

Re: Some roof dimensions, please?

Post by sixbennetts »

Don't we all, buddy!

He's going to San Diego for me on the 21st, but I was just trying to get some rough dimensions for Mario at FlipPac to see if it'll even work.