Heater operation confusion???

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
technichen

Heater operation confusion???

Post by technichen »

OK,
I'm lost. Though the info found wasn't all that helpful either.
What is the correct sequence to turn the heater on in a 710k with the OEM heater?
I have the BN4 light on the dash. once the pull switch is all the way out (solid light). I've waited 5-10min for light to blink (BN4 Light) this is the instructions I've found. I've tried to open and close the side vent to see if this had any change, also the white pull cable that's on the heater itself. The heater fan never kicks on. I'm new to this style heater so be nice :roll: What should I check first?then?

Thank You!
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Re: Heater operation confusion???

Post by ScottishPinz »

The switch pulls out in two stages. First it switches on just fan and the dash light comes on. Second stage of switch is to turn on the heater and the dash light goes off until the heater burner ignites. After a few seconds the heater turns on (fan runs the whole time) and the dash light comes on. The heat output can be regulated with the pull on the heater (can't remember which way is which but I think pulled out is maximum)

The heater will switch on and off over time as the heat increases but the fan runs the whole time. After switching it off (push switch fully in on dash) the fan runs for a couple of min to cool things down.

At least that's how mine works :)
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

Often if the heater hasn't been operated in a while, you have to press a reset in order to convince it to run. Remove the cover on the top of the heater that is secured with a knurled nut. Press the red lever on the back of the heater, replace the cover, and try again.
Chris
'74 710K
technichen

Post by technichen »

Thanks Guys!
I'll try it tonight.
When I pull the switch to the first point I don't get a light or a running fan. Not until I pull it all the way out the light comes on (Steady). I'll try the reset and keep you posted!
dadnova
United States of America

Post by dadnova »

I have a similar issue with my heater, pull 1 click out light and fan go on, but the light never goes out, pull to the second click, sounds like it bogs down a little, but it does not light. I think its a fuel issue and may need a new diaphragm.
technichen

Post by technichen »

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late update. After pushing the reset button per ccalingaert instructions the heater fired up just like it was supposed to do. Thanks again for the info!!!
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Hardy pumps are not rebuildable. Sometimes they pop up on Ebay
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

Chris
'74 710K
mm58
United States of America

Post by mm58 »

Great info ccalingaert. Thanks for sharing that!
Mike

'76 710K