Car cover for the Pinzgauer

All things not relating to the other forums.
texas pinzgauer

Car cover for the Pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I posted some information about this many months ago but recently I was again asked about where I found the cover for my 712.

It came from a place called Wholesale Car Covers (http://www.wholesalecarcovers.com/) and their contact information is sales@wholesalecarcovers.com or 866-859-4880. The model number (for a 712) is EP-V2.

If you're looking for something to fit a 710, you'll want to go with a cover that will work for a Chevy Astro van. Cost for the EP-V2 was like $80 or $100 bucks as i recall.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
djw
United States of America

Re: Car cover for the Pinzgauer

Post by djw »

I ended up getting a Tyvek cover on fleabay sized for an Astro van and it fit very well on my 710K. The hatch takes up a few inches, but the fit still ends up pretty much the same as yours at the bottom. The company that made it is 'Budge' in PA.

I wanted to try a Tyvek (the stuff they make house wrap, fedex envelopes, out of), mainly to keep the TX summer sun off. Tyvek is extremely light weight, packs tight, doesn't rip, doesn't absorb moisture, and is bright bright white, so we'll see how well it holds up. I've only had one occasion to get under it in a downpour when I left something in the Pinz, and it is indeed bone dry underneath. It's got an elastic band around the bottom, but I would imagine that when strong winds are anticipated, a ratchet strap around the middle might be a safe bet. $80 bucks can't be beat.

The bright white color is not very camo and might be considered a bit of an eyesore of it has to sit for all your neighbors to see, but I keep mine around back. If it lasts more than a year or two I will be happy and considerr it money well spent.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
landy

Post by landy »

I've also had reasonable service out of Tyvek type car covers. I've bought a couple of used ones from Ebay and they've lasted a couple of years or so.
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

I've searched a bit, and haven't found a solid option for a 710K cover that's in a tame color, one that isn't bright.

Has anyone found a good option? Ideally something in a darker color, or gentle camo. Until then, it's polytarps.... :(
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

ChickenPinz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 pm I've searched a bit, and haven't found a solid option for a 710K cover that's in a tame color, one that isn't bright.

Has anyone found a good option? Ideally something in a darker color, or gentle camo. Until then, it's polytarps.... :(
I have a light grey one that works well for my 710m bought it off of ebay
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

TechMOGogy wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm
ChickenPinz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 pm I've searched a bit, and haven't found a solid option for a 710K cover that's in a tame color, one that isn't bright.

I have a light grey one that works well for my 710m bought it off of ebay
Can you point us to which one you bought?
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

For those considering non-custom tarp options, I've found a 16x20 tarp is the optimal size.
IMG_20200306_173124 (Large).jpg
IMG_20200306_173124 (Large).jpg (629.76 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
landy

Post by landy »

Harbor Freight special?
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

Would a canvas tarp be better?
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

Additionally, does anyone have or use windshield sun shades? Where did you purchase?
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

I just received my Heatshields for the windshield and front side windows for my 710M. They had me draw a template and send it back to be custom made. If you would like to order based off the template I made, you can contact them and use the part number of "000-epstein". Or you can draw your own template based off their instructions. Mine is very slightly smaller than my windows, but still fits well and does a good job. The oval holes for the handles on the windows are bigger than needed, but this is due to my drawing as I drew the holes larger than actual size because I did not want the holes to be too small.
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/
heatshields-windshield.PNG
heatshields-windshield.PNG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 5857 times
heatshields-front-side-windows.PNG
heatshields-front-side-windows.PNG (1.54 MiB) Viewed 5857 times
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

So the side window shields are held on with suction cups, and the windshield shield is held only by the sun visors?
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Oh, and as for covers, this is the closest thing I've found that's off-the-shelf, but it's too shiny for my tastes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF ... 1CK1&psc=1
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

ChickenPinz wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:29 pm So the side window shields are held on with suction cups, and the windshield shield is held only by the sun visors?
Yes
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

Car covers made for late 80's Chevy Astro vans have worked well for me. Not a perfect fit but a 95% solution.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1975 710M (Swiss)