Difference between P80, P90 and P93?

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
Torchd

Difference between P80, P90 and P93?

Post by Torchd »

Hello!

I was just wondering if any one woyuld know the difference between P80, P90 and P93 in details...?

I know that the major difference between P90 and P93 is the intercooler.

Cheers!
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Torchd

Post by Torchd »

Thanks prof pinz!

So whats the major aesthetic difference between P80 and P90? Is it just the smaller nose on the P80 and Bigger on the P90? And where there any P85s as well?

And would you know how does the currently outgoing pinz look like? And what engine is it using? Would you have any URLs with such info?

Cheers!
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Here's the link to the "next" generation Pinny's (after the above link....the webpage was written some years ago....I'II cover the rest/latest/last of the vehicles when my new website comes out later this year!)
http://users.bigpond.net.au/profpinz/pi ... ecknik.htm

The "last" Pinzgauers built had the 5 cylinder VW motor as found in the current transporter range but they were "experimenting" with a Steyr motor as well.

I assume you know that BAE have currently ceased production of the Pinny ... Chances are, given the current military trend away from soft skin vehicles to armoured variants as well as the tendency to shy away from forward control (because of landmines) that we may well have seen the last of Pinzgauer production :cry: ... RIP!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

My Pinz (see avatar) has the small nose and 105 HP non-intercooled engine typical of P80 model.

Ugo
1990 716k
Torino, Italy
Tads

Post by Tads »

These conveniently parked trucks help show the design progression quite nicely:

Left to right, 718K (P93nose/5 cylinder); Ex-Swiss Petrol 712M, 718K (P93nose/6cylinder), 716k (P80 nose).

The sand-coloured 718K is the first UK built vehicle

And a brace of sand-coloured P90s including the SWB (under tarp) that seems to pop up in photos on the internet even though they're very rare - never produced in UK.
Torchd

Post by Torchd »

Thanks man!
Torchd

Post by Torchd »

Thanks man!
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

Anyone know the paint code for the desert yellow?

Previous MOD desert colour was 'BS381C 361 Light Stone' but I don't know maybe my eyes are getting shot but I would say the Pinz above are more yellowish than Light Stone.

I been told a lot of them get painted with a water base, junky paint, easy to remove and that it is called Desert Yellow.

Without a paint specification I can't go to a paint supplier to mix it.

Last car was MOD green so I thought I'd go the beach look this time.. 8)
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
Tads

Post by Tads »

Useless fact - UK Pinz were never "NATO" green. Since the first vehicles were supplied by Austria they were painted Austrian army green (RAL6031) and to simplify spares supply all follow-on vehicle orders were in the same colour.

The sand colour Pinz in the pics were painted by Automotive Technik for marketing purposes so aren't necessarily "NATO" sand either, just what was handy at the local sprayers! In fact, (almost) no vehicles were ever factory supplied in sand, always green and over sprayed by Squaddies before being sent to sunnier climes!

Will look into it and see if I can find the RAL code we used for sand coloured vehicles.....

Tom
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

Tads wrote:Useless fact - UK Pinz were never "NATO" green. Since the first vehicles were supplied by Austria they were painted Austrian army green (RAL6031) and to simplify spares supply all follow-on vehicle orders were in the same colour.

The sand colour Pinz in the pics were painted by Automotive Technik for marketing purposes so aren't necessarily "NATO" sand either, just what was handy at the local sprayers! In fact, (almost) no vehicles were ever factory supplied in sand, always green and over sprayed by Squaddies before being sent to sunnier climes!

Will look into it and see if I can find the RAL code we used for sand coloured vehicles.....

Tom
actually not a useless fact, interesting. Paint codes were such a drama for Lightweights we started a thread just for just paint.

cheers for having a look as it seems the path I am going down as the current camo pattern is frowned upon by the local law enforcement.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
The true Pinzgauer´s

Post by The true Pinzgauer´s »

Hello fesm_ndt
the austrian paint Code is called B40 and was painted on Saudi-Arabian and other African Pinzgauers. The nearest standart RAL number is RAL 1002. Or you can take Ral 1015 it is lighter, also used by some military´s.
Tads

Post by Tads »

Hi Mike,

Done a bit of digging for you. Automotive Technik used sand colours for a couple of export sales, the colours specified were:

Aerodex 735068

RAL1019
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

cheers another piece of the puzzle.

now I'll do some research into that and see if it can get mixed.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

Well the colour mix seems close enough :D

http://lightweightlandroverclub.org/php ... d=1414&f=5

still can't figure out why I cant post piccies in here :roll:
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)